Pyton List Comprehension

Gauloran

Kıdemli Moderatör
7 Tem 2013
local
It's an easy way to construct lists.
The below examples shows how to add numbers from 0 to 10 into an array and there is nothing wrong with the following piece of code

Kod:
numbers = [] for i in range(10):     numbers.append(i)
Except, you can do it in one line only

Kod:
>>> [i for i in range(10)] [0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]

The above special sytnax is a neat Python trick to include the elements of a container via a given condition or without any condition. Two important parts of the statement. The first one is; for i in range(10) our for loop. The second one [i ...] is our way to add elements into the array.
What if we would like o check if the number is even, do we need to rollback to the first version ? The answer is No

Kod:
>>> even_numbers = [i for i in range(10) if i % 2 == 0] >>> even_numbers [0, 2, 4, 6, 8]
This time, we have 3 steps. First, for i in range(10) runs. Then our if i % 2 == 0 evaluated checking if the number modded to 2. Once the given condition is True the [i ...] part is run; the element is added into the end_result array.
Lets add one more step, and find the squares of the each of the even numbers.

Kod:
>>> even_numbers_squares = [i**2 for i in range(10) if i % 2 == 0] >>> even_numbers_squares [0, 4, 16, 36, 64]
Exactly the same run sequence from the previous example, with a additional evaluation with the [i**2] part where we find the square of the even number.

Kod:
>>> even_numbers_squares_counter = [j for i in range(10) if i % 2 == 0 for j in range(0,i) ] [0, 1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
There are two inner loops in this example. Starting with for i in range(10), if the current element passes the condition if i % 2 == 0 then the second for loop starts to run for j in range(0,i) and as last the element is added to the list [j ...]

Kod:
[0, 1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]
Usages

Lets abuse the list comprehensions ;

Search Highlighting

Given a text, replace all the occurences of a keyword with bold text, print the lines that contains the keyword and combine them via "..."

Kod:
>>> text = "Python is a great language to work with. I like python a lot. The reasons are obvious; its simple and elegant. Great to read" >>> "...".join([sentence.lower().replace("python","<b>python</b>") for sentence in text.split(".") for word in sentence.split(" ") if 'python' in word.lower() ]) '<b>python</b> is a great language to work with... i like <b>python</b> a lot'
Analyze for which words

Let's say you want to write an algorithm that analyzes the words within sentences which contains the search keyword

Kod:
>>> [ (sent,word) for sent in text.split(".") for word in sent.split(" ") if len(word)> 2 and 'Python' in sent] [('Python is a great language to work with', 'Python'), ('Python is a great language to work with', 'great'), ('Python is a great language to work with', 'language'), ('Python is a great language to work with', 'work'), ('Python is a great language to work with', 'with')]

Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.