What is SSRF (CVE-2022-4096) DNS Connection ?

logo.png

Görsel

What is SSRF (CVE-2022-4096) DNS Connection ?
Overview of DNS Rebinding:

DNS rebinding is a method of manipulating the resolution of domain names, commonly used as a form of computer attack. In this attack, a malicious web page induces visitors to run a client-side script that targets other machines on the network. In theory, the same-origin policy prevents this from happening: client-side scripts are only allowed access to content on the same host that served the script. However, the domain name comparison, which is a fundamental part of implementing this policy, bypasses this protection by exploiting DNS.

Using DNS Rebinding Found within Appsmith SSRF:

Note: Appsmith is used to create, deploy, and maintain internal tools.

Let's create a host name through DNS rebinding to bypass SSRF restrictions!

1.png

DNS Rebinding
We can see that our created hostname is associated with two different IP addresses.
13b8468f48021b1de.png

Dig command

Now, create the vulnerable function for the new API and Elasticsearch.
155e50c28c4751f0c.png

Vulnerable Functions

Now, append the created hostname to the URL function and click to execute. I received a response saying 'host not allowed.
1c642d57ef6261ec1.png

"Response of 'host not allowed'

After running it again, I received a successful response containing the AWS cloud metadata path.

1c36e389937012c67.png

AWS metadata path

Now, I added the 'latest' path to the URL and ran it again, and this time I got a 404 (The server hit the IP I used in DNS rebinding).
1d33e78c0de8cce2c.png

404 Response

Now, through continuous trial and error (repeatedly clicking 'Run' until receiving a response) and adding methods and paths to the URL (based on the responses I received), I successfully obtained AWS keys.

18c808fa6520a59ef.png

Successfully Obtained AWS Keys
Vulnerable Versions: Appsmith v1.8.1

Now, I reported this to Appsmith, received confirmation, and reported the same issue to huntr.dev to get a CVE assigned. I have been assigned CVE-2022-4096 for this.

Source : https://www.turkhackteam.org/konular/ssrf-cve-2022-4096-dns-baglanmasi-nedir.2049076/

Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.