Facebook and WhatsApp Privacy Policy

Provido

Katılımcı Üye
21 Eki 2015
Facebook and WhatsApp Privacy Policy

Hello dear Members. I will talk about privacy violations and the WhatsApp privacy policy change that is currently spoken. I will try to explain the previous events and what these changes will lead to.

HEL0jj.jpg

Facebook had a big scandal in 2016. A British company called Cambridge Analytica manipulated elections in America. The big question on their minds is how they did it. Cambridge Analytica is a company that processes Facebook's user data and produces meaningful results from them for Facebook. These types of companies are very important for processing data and using the processed data. The ethical angle of this is debatable, but according to its agreement with Facebook, it was forbidden to use this data anywhere other than itself.

HELwV8.png

Cambridge Analytica asked Facebook to publish a form for the purpose of researching the personal information of its users. We don't know if Facebook really believed this or did it really willingly. After all, the information they collected would have helped him. By using the preferences of its users, such as what people love, what they hate, what music they listen to, it will give them a better experience and it will be able to create appropriate ads for users. It is obvious that these have made a large profit to the company.

Of course, CA did not stop there. They took things to the next level. I don’t get it at first. Probably there were offers and agreements made otherwise a company wouldn’t have put itself at such great risk. It takes courage (or stupidity) to use those information which they collect from people without permission in a big event like the election. The UK Information Commission has opened an investigation into Cambridge Analytica over allegations that the election was manipulated. In 2019, Facebook agreed to pay a fine of 500 thousand euros. I don't know if they thought it would come to this, but it doesn't seem to bother the Facebook. Because the renewed WhatsApp privacy policy shows this. It's like they want revenge, right? They say if you don't want to give it, we'll take it from you officially.

HELAdU.jpg

Previously, it was forbidden for WhatsApp to share data with Facebook or its third party company. But because Facebook did not want an incident like Cambridge Analytica to happen again, it resorted to this way to collect information from companies that it owned. Now their own company will collect them, they will not need another company, as well as sharing it with itself, it will reach the data effortlessly. I have listed below the data it will collect.

• Account Information
• Transaction and Payment Data
• Customer Support and other Communications
• Usage and Registration Information
• Device and Connection Information
• Locatıon Information
• Cookies

Now you might think “If a company wants so much personal data, it will definitely lose all of its users.” but there is a point that isn’t considered. More than 2 billion people have been using this app for a long time. People talk to their friends here, they share their work here, their employers set up meeting groups here. So the whole order is here. A lot of people will continue to use the app for this reason. Other part of people thinks, companies already know everything about us, now they say it’s official, what changes. Whatever you think, it isn’t ethical for companies to collect personal data and use it for their own benefit. It isn’t an excuse that they have done this before.

Since WhatsApp announced it would change its privacy policy, it loses users. However, according to the statement made in 2020, the number of people using the application has exceeded 2 billion. That means it won’t cause great harm to the company. However, it won’t easily wipe the impression that in the people’s mind will remain a stain on the brand. The important thing for WhatsApp is to get legal permission. Because if they get it, they will be able to use the data as they want. According to their last statement, they postponed the policy for 3 months, but in the end we will se together whether they will give up or continue.

In this article, I wanted to mention Facebook’s personal data scandal and WhatsApp’s privacy agreement. I tried to create an article by mixing my own opinion with the data. I hope you like it.

Thanks for reading!

Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.