PostgreSQL Installation

Provido

Katılımcı Üye
21 Eki 2015
Hello, good readings to everyone,

Today we will mention about PostgreSql,how to download,how to setup and why should you use this etc.
Let's start
Nowadays, most common databases are Oracle Sql, Sql Server, MySql. I am using Sql Server database from this examples.

Lets talk about Sql Server.

1- If it's not set correctly, it takes over most of your ram and memory.

When some of updates came,I always was anxious about : What happened now?

I define my own data type and I use it when I need.

2- In Current version its started to give errors on database so I have to change it. However it was working without no problem in the past.

3- The license is very expensive,roughly 14,000$ . Therefore MySql database is more preferable than Oracle and Sql Server.

4- Oracle's license is like Sql Server. Therefore I dont think its cheaper.

5- But, Sql Server isn't bad completely. It is powerful from the point of IDE.

6- My personal opinion ,the another reason it's common is habit. Because I used it up to the present.

Now let's talk about why I will start to use it.

PostgreSql is free and open source. Of course it isn't only reason, I like learning new technologies.

How to download?

First we're going to the website https://www.postgresql.org/

After click to "Download" button we are selecting to operating system we used https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

L34Oe6.png

I'm clicking the next and selecting the place where it will setup.

STOPJM.png

I'll install it all.

After this, I specify indicate the data folder to setup and click the "next" button again.

Later, it wants us to create a password. I created. Then I clicked to "next" button.

Oe0a6S.png

Now we should detect the port which one is we need. The port of 5432 port are coming in default.

Then a screen comes for learn my l0cations info but I didn't click anymore because my computer's l0cation settings already prepared.

Now installation starts.

VN67y7.png

After it's done I am clicking to "finish" button.

If you selected to check box , the stack builder screen will come, you can setup every packet you want from there.

T2NVGW.png

My screen is like this as you saw , I don't need to click anywhere so just click to "next".

Then I am writing pgadmin on search bar and press to "Enter".

fzcQJ6.png

When it's open first it will be like this . Now we are entering the password when we selected during installation.

CbdUWc.png

You can open a query page with clicking to my selected place and the query you wrote can work by pressing to F5.
That was all. Thank you for reading this article. Good forums.

Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.