What to Know When Choosing A Graphics Card?

Provido

Katılımcı Üye
21 Eki 2015
Things to Know in Choosing a Video Card

A graphics card basically consists of 3 components: Graphics processor, memory and RAMDAC...

Graphics Processor: It wouldn’t be wrong to say that the graphics processor for current cards is a CPU placed on the graphics card to make image calculations. Recently, graphics processors have overtaken CPUs in terms of structure and complexity and in terms of function they have become a CPU focused on image.
They can now complete three-dimensional processors on their own, with almost no load on the CPU. That’s why current graphics processors are called GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)...

Image Memory: It is located on the graphics card and data for the image calculations is stored here. It works like the main memory in your system, but here is the image processor, not the CPU.
At first, graphics cards didn’t have separate memory, but the graphics cards slowly began to declare their independence from the system as the processors speed up and develop. As much as amount of memory, it is also important how efficiently the graphics card can use this memory with compression algorithms...

RAMDAC: We talked bout analog signals on monitors. RAMDAC (RAM Digital-to-Analog Converter) converts the data in the image memory to analog RGB (Red Green Blue, we wrote that the colors on the monitor are derived from these three colors) signals to the monitor output.
There is a RAMDAC unit for all three primary colors used in the monitor, which scans a certain number of image memory every second and converts the data there into analog signals. How fast RAMDAC can do this determine the screen refr3sh rate. This speed is indicated in Hz and shows the number of times the image on the screen is refr3shed per second.
For example, if your monitor is running at 60 Hz, the image you see is refr3shed 60 times per second. I advise you not to lower the screen refr3sh rate below 85 Hz as much as possible, because lower refr3sh rates can be detrimental to your eye health.
That depends on how sensitive your eye is. Some eyes can’t feel the difference between 75 and 85 Hz, while others can see it at first glance. RAMDAC’s internal structure and features also determine how much color can be displayed at which resolution...
Because the LCD display are digital in their structure, they can take and use the image information directly from the image memory rather than from RAMDAC. For this, they use a special connection called DVI (Digital Video Interface)...

Bios: Graphics cards also have BIOS. Here the operating parameters of the graphics card and the basic system fonts are recorded. In addition, this BIOS does a small test on the graphics card and its memory when the system is booting...

Graphics Card Classification of Performance

Since there are hundreds of methods for graphics cards, I felt the need to prepare a guide on classification and purchase. There is also a table for better understanding of the performance of the cards. The article is a bit long but you will read it in a breath and I’m sure it will be useful...

Cards are classified as entry, middle and higher level...

So how do you know which level a card is?

We can say that the top level cars are 9 and the bottom level cards are 0. In this case, the second digit from the left in the model number indicates the level of the card:

For example, the above cards are higher level cards because they are 8 out of 9 so they are very high performance...

These are middle class. 6 out of 9 level...

Since these cards are 2 out of 9, they are entry level, that is lower class cards...

If we look at the Intel Cards (Onboard Cards):

Intel GMA X3100

As you can see, the second digit from the left is 1. So 1 point out of 9, very low performance...

Intel GMA 900

Here, the second number from the left is 0, so playing game with this card is a dream...

Cards from other manufacturers such as SIS, VIA and S3 are also generally integrated and are definitely not recommended for gaming and HD content...

Meanwhile, performance is rising as numbers on the right increase:

As you can see from above, the 4870 is a faster card than the 4850 version...

Nvidia’s new GT200 series cards don’t fit this classification. Instead, the main factor evaluating the performance of these cards is the second figure available from the left...

Here, the last figure affects the performance of the second degree...

GTX295

GTX285

GTX280

GTX260

Besides these, NVIDIA and ATI have some definitions of their own...

NVIDIA:

GX2: Dual GPU cards. These cards are very powerful because they contain to graphics card brains (GPU). (Ex. 9800GX2)

Ultra: Single GPU top level. These cards are the highest level cards in the series.

ATI:

X2: Dual GPU cards. These cards are very powerful because they contain to graphics card brains (GPU). (Ex. HD 4870 X2)

GO: Laptop graphics cards...

AIW: All-in-Wonders series with TV card in it...

HD: High Definition means high definition video/game enjoyment...

Turbo Cache: Technology that indicates that the graphics card can steal memory from RAM. For example, the card has 256 MB of memory, but writes on 1 GB. The 768 MB of memory here will be taken from the system RAM. This reduces system performance and doesn’t contribute any performance to the card. Because the performance of the graphics card as mentioned above depends on the GPU...

Hyper Memory: ATI version of the same feature...

Conclusion:

If you evaluate the performance of graphics cards by looking at the RAM, you will always be stacked! As I explained above, the performance of the card depends on the model of GPU. For example, a 1 GB FX5500 is approximately 4-5 times slower than the 512 MB HD 4850...

Here, the GPU of the HD 4850 makes this performance difference. There is also no logic in getting graphics cards that use the 64-bit memory interface, even though it has 1 GB of memory. This type of graphics card is like a wheelless Ferrari. It counts where it is...

So find out what class your card is in by looking at the list above before you buy it. Don’t throw away your money, don’t be fooled by the high amount of RAM! ...

Active and Passive Cooling Concept of Graphics Cards

The graphics processor cooler on the graphics card may be active or passive cooler. The above figure is active (rotating fan) you see a graphics card with a cooler. In general, passive coolers are used for slower, while active coolers are used for faster graphics cards. The better the cooling, the higher the speed may be. If the cooling isn’t good, we will be faced with slowing down and then stumbling and RESET...

Another important point, although less important than others is point production technology...

The lower the card’s production technology (90nm, 65nm 55nm), the higher the performance...

So 55 nm is better than 90 nm. (Equal features and conditions)...

In addition, Nm technology in graphics cards is also available in Processors. As with graphics cards, the processor is goo d with low Nm technology in processors...

Nm technology: Means Nanometer...

There are extensions of these cards as well as GT, XT XTX, what they mean...

Now let’s come to software supports...

It is possible to classify the cards according to the software libraries they support. Directx 9, Directx 10, Directx 11 etc...

You can’t open a game that requires Directx 11 support with a card that supports Directx 10... (Mostly)

In other words, the fact that your graphics card is very powerful as of the hardware features doesn’t mean that it will open new games.
So you need to get a new generation graphics card.

As in this Directx11 example...

At the same performance, Nvidia is more expensive than ATI...

ATI is preferred in terms of cheapness. The advantage of NVIDIA is agreement with gaming companies and opening game easier...

In addition, these two brands don’t match each other as the same level of graphics cards, so it is equivalent to the 6. Level compared to the cards of an Nvidia Graphics Card with a 2. Digit of 4... (Totally my own opinion, absolutely true) ...

Finally, I explain the numerical values of the Graphics Cards Directly As Flows:

Cards with the Second Digit 1-2-3-4-5 from the left are Entry Level,

Cards with the second digit 6-7 from the left are the middle level,

8-9 are the highest level cards of the maximum professional...

Some of my friends I know form sites accept the cards with the second digit 6 as entry level from the left. According to me, it definitely belongs to the mid-level cards. Entry level cards are cards that are included 1-5...

If you look at my explanation above, you will understand that onboard cards are only video cards by name. Onboard Cards aren’t for gaming and visual applications...

Difference of GDDR and DDR in Graphics Cards...

Finally, I want to explain the difference between GDDR and DDR in the graphics cards, which are frequently asked me, the concept of GDDR in the cards...

GDDR cards can reach higher operating frequencies than DDR cards. It can be more stable...

If we explain the difference between GDDR and DDR in the most basic sense, GDDR Cards are cards with higher overclocking potential, naturally, people dealing with overclocking should turn on GDDR Cards in order to get better results than overclocking compared to DDR Cards.

Friends, we prepared this article to publish on the site where I met a friend and I don’t want to give the name of the site, 3 years ago. Everything belongs to me and my friends except some concepts and pictures.
If you look at the graphics cards in question, you will see that the old model Cards are addressed in examples...
Our goal of preparing this topic is to sell entry level cards to more than value to unconscious users and to be deceived by people because they are almost 1-2 GB sold in the markets. Now that this article is very necessary in Tht, so I needed to extract it from the Archive and make some play-add and publish it again.
When you read this article from the beginning to the end, I have a word; You will understand that graphics cards have become a separate sector independently from PC.
In this article, we didn’t describe the assembly of graphics cards, because our goal was to transfer the basic conditions that need to be known in the selection of graphics cards. It would be funny to tell a user who doesn’t already know the issues in the selection of graphics cars, connection the card to the PC...
Now you won’t have difficulty choosing a card for yourself, most importantly, you won’t be deceived. You will be able to make a good-bad comment about a card that you have asked for, without knowing the following information already, your mouth will remain open about the collecting PC parts...
You know not to look at the amount of RAM in the cards and the Bit Value of the most important part. Remember, it doesn’t matter whether it’s DDR5 or DDR3, the only important thing is the Bit Value.

Believe me, it took more than two hours to give this article to Tht, my goal isn’t to appreciate or to receive thanks, my goal is to transfer the model performance logic of Graphics Cards to you.
For years, computer users have exploited users, don’t come to these games, that is enough for me...

I apologize for extending the topic, hope to be useful...

Source: https://www.turkhackteam.org/bilgis...i-seciminde-bilinmesi-gerekenler-cnyylmz.html

Translator: Provido

Üst

Turkhackteam.org internet sitesi 5651 sayılı kanun’un 2. maddesinin 1. fıkrasının m) bendi ile aynı kanunun 5. maddesi kapsamında "Yer Sağlayıcı" konumundadır. İçerikler ön onay olmaksızın tamamen kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulmaktadır. Turkhackteam.org; Yer sağlayıcı olarak, kullanıcılar tarafından oluşturulan içeriği ya da hukuka aykırı paylaşımı kontrol etmekle ya da araştırmakla yükümlü değildir. Türkhackteam saldırı timleri Türk sitelerine hiçbir zararlı faaliyette bulunmaz. Türkhackteam üyelerinin yaptığı bireysel hack faaliyetlerinden Türkhackteam sorumlu değildir. Sitelerinize Türkhackteam ismi kullanılarak hack faaliyetinde bulunulursa, site-sunucu erişim loglarından bu faaliyeti gerçekleştiren ip adresini tespit edip diğer kanıtlarla birlikte savcılığa suç duyurusunda bulununuz.